Watch 'Helix' first 15 minutes; Fox Sports' Super Bowl live-stream
- Syfy has put the first 15 minutes of "Helix," the new drama from "Battlestar Galactica's" Ron Moore, online early. According to the synopsis for "Helix," the show is a thriller about "a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to the high-tech research facility, Arctic Biosystems, to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that may hold the key to mankind's salvation or total annihilation. However, the lethal threat is just the tip of the iceberg, and as the virus evolves, the chilling truth begins to unravel."
Watch the beginning of the pilot below:
"Helix" stars Billy Campbell, Jordan Hayes and Hiroyuki Sanada. It premieres on Syfy on Jan. 10 at 10 p.m.
- Attention all football fans: Fox Sports will live-stream Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2, making it the third year in a row the NFL's championship game will be webcast for free to U.S. Internet users. However, leading up to the big game, Fox's NFC postseason games on the Internet will be restricted only to subscribers of pay-TV partners, with the three largest being Comcast, AT&T U-verse and Cablevision Systems. [ Variety]
- Already binge watched your way through "House of Cards" Season 1 and can't wait for February for Season 2 to get some new material? You're in luck. Netflix has announced that audio commentary from all six Season 1 directors, including David Fincher and Joel Schumacher, is now available as an option on all episodes through the subtitle and alternate audio preference. Time to binge all over again.
- Tina Fey's new FOX pilot, about a women's college that starts accepting men for the first time, has its first cast member: Bonnie Dennison ( "Guiding Light," "Third Watch") will play a sophomore at the school who leads the opposition to the new policy. Fey is producing the pilot with Matt Hubbard and Robert Carlock. [ Deadline]
- Check out this clip of "The Good Wife's" January return, titled "Goliath and David." Will reunites with Burl Preston (guest star F. Murray Abraham), who is facing off with Alicia in court. Naturally, Will cannot resist offering his services to Alicia's adversary.