'Undercovers' cancelation: EP Josh Reims, 'I'm really proud of the show'

undercovers-nbc-steve-josh-reims-cancellation.jpg
As the news that NBC essentially canceled "Undercovers" by not picking up its back nine episodes is breaking, co-creator and executive producer, Josh Reims, exclusively gave Zap2it his reaction to the reports.

"We were just never able to find an audience," Reims tells us. "For whatever reason, people didn't tune in in big numbers, and once that happens, it's really hard to build in a big way."

As we reported earlier, the ratings never quite lived up to the expectations for the show, which was co-created by "Lost" and "Alias" creator, J.J. Abrams. Regardless, Reims, whose producing resume includes "Felicity," "Brothers & Sisters" and "Dirty Sexy Money," stands behind the show's quality.

"I'm really proud of the show," he says. "I think it looked amazing, and I loved working with the cast and crew. We had a lot of fun. The show turned out pretty much the way I envisioned, and when it didn't, it was actually better." 

While only the next three episodes have airdates so far, Reims tells us that fans will enjoy how the series wraps up its run.

"I think the episodes are getting stronger every week," he says. "And I'm sorry we have to stop at 13, because we had so many more stories to tell with these people. Not to mention we have a great mythology arc that runs from Nov. 13 and ends with a cliffhanger."

Follow Zap2it and TheRealJethro on Twitter and Zap2it on Facebook for the latest celebrity news and buzz.

Photo credit: NBC

SHARE IT ON: