Tom Welling is officially going to be in a Nicholas Sparks film.
The former “Smallville” leading man is set to star in the adaptation of Sparks’ “The Choice,” which follows two neighbors, Travis Parker (Benjamin Walker) and Gabby Holland (Teresa Palmer), who end up entering an unexpected relationship, reports Variety.
Although Welling won’t be playing the lead swoon-worthy love interest in the film, it still makes sense that he’s been signed on to the project. After all, wasn’t “Smallville” basically training ground for a emotionally raw and cheesy Nicholas Sparks film? Not being able to tell your girlfriend you have a secret life seems like a story line that would fit right in.
Here are 9 reasons Welling is meant to be in “The Choice”:
1. He knows what it’s like to want something better for his life.
2. He has secrets.
3. He wants to follow his own path.
4. He’s always there to protect the ones he loves.
5. He can chop wood.
6. He likes to have sex.*
*This is probably the most relevant quality to have if you want to be in a Sparks film.
7. He’s not afraid to fight for what he wants.
8. He has an emotional side.
9. He knows what it’s like to hate-love someone.
Do you think Welling is a good choice for the film?